College of Media and Artistry – TESG Funding Information
WHICH COURSES ARE ELIGIBLE FOR FUNDING?
Most of our courses are accredited by VTCT, the internationally recognised awarding body for the Hair, Beauty and Makeup industries. Our VTCT courses are recognised for TESG funding.
WHO CAN APPLY FOR FUNDING?
If you are in receipt of a Social Welfare payment, you may be eligible for funding. The Department of Social Protection assess each case individually, and makes the decision based on your individual circumstances.
HOW DO I APPLY FOR FUNDING?
If you think you meet the criteria above;
- Let us know what course you would like funding for, and we will email you the Course details, and our listing of Approved Awards.
- Contact your Local Employment Office, and arrange to meet with an Employment Service Officer (ESO).
- Let the ESO officer know what employment opportunities the course will give you, and provide them with the Course details and our listing of Approved Awards.
- If they consider you eligible, they will provide you with a Grant Application Form to pass on to us. We will complete it and post it back to your Employment office.
- The Employment Officer will then make a decision as to your eligibility for the grant. If they approve you, you must ensure the Grant Approval Form is sent in to us.
If you are eligible for TESG funding, we must have received your Grant Approval Form prior to the start date of your course. The process above normally takes approximately 2 to 3 weeks.
DO I NEED TO PAY A DEPOSIT TO SECURE MY PLACE, EVEN IF I AM APPLYING FOR FUNDING?
Yes. All our course places are secured by a minimum €250 deposit. If your deposit amount and grant amount come to more than the cost of the course, you will be refunded the difference when we receive the grant.
HOW IS THE GRANT PAID TO CMA?
CMA receive the grant directly from the Department of Social Protection, once you have received your Certificate.