VTCT Assessor Award forms part of the CTLLS, but can be undertaken on it’s own for those who already hold a teaching role, and intend on assessing vocational achievement, in accordance with National Occupational Standards.
Many of the Awarding bodies require that you hold an Award in Assessing Vocational Achievement, to enable you assess your learners.
It can be taken as an add-on module to PTLLS, for those entering the teaching profession.
VTCT Award in Assessing Vocational Achievement is made up of the following units:
Ø Unit 1 – Understand the principles and practices of assessment. This is a knowledge based unit
Ø Unit 2- Assess vocational skills, knowledge and understanding
Focuses upon your work in assessing candidates who are working with vocational
qualifications, probably (but not exclusively) in an educational context.
The practical element focuses on implementing the knowledge gained at the initial workshop and we advise and support you as you collect your evidence to demonstrate your competence in Assessment.
You will need to build a portfolio of evidence with quality assessment practice and knowledge. Your assessor will advise you on the evidence required
-You must be qualified in the subject that you wish to assess.
– You must have access to at least two candidates who are registered for an award in the area, which you are occupationally competent in.
– You need to assess two substantial pieces of evidence from each candidate using a variety of assessment methods including assessment of practical skills and knowledge.
– Learners from College of Media an Artistry may
be candidates, if available.
– You must have access within the centre to a qualified assessor who is occupationally competent and will countersign your assessment decisions (may be arranged through CMA)
– You will be supported by the centre’s Internal Quality Assurer who will check the quality of your assessment decisions.
– You must be able to provide evidence to show that you contribute to the Quality Assurance process within the assessment centre. This includes attending and contributing to standardisation meetings (if applicable), team meetings and Awarding body visits.
– You must be willing to carry out professional development and updating of skills and knowledge in your area of occupational competence, and be willing to evaluate and improve your skills.
– You must have occupational industry experience, usually 2 years or more
€600 (this includes registration fees, your teaching/learning resources and certification fee)
Deposit €250 will secure you booking, and the remainder must be paid in full prior to the start date of the course.
Combine Assessor Certificate with PTLLS: €1395 (save €100)
Combine PTLLS with CTLLS (includes Assessor Cert): €1,995 (save €150)
MODES OF DELIVERY
3 days attendance over 3 months. Distance learning option available.
30 hours home study including portfolio preparation, reflective journal and assessment planning documents.
– Specific dates will be discussed on booking, to suit your schedule.
Students can progress to Certificate in Teaching in the Lifelong Learning Sector, or work in accredited centres as an Assessor of Vocational Achievement.